A. Your kind gift has not only helped our children to get proper sleep but also providing them with better health conditions, the major advantage of the beds are :
1. The beds are designed for proper installation of mosquitoes nets, which prevents them from mosquito and other insect bites, thus it is a prevention against various diseases such as dengue, malaria and chickengunya which are very common diseases in our country.
2. The prevention of the afore-mentioned diseases has saved precious resources. Don Bosco Ashalayam being a charitable institution is completely dependent on donations to fund its activities. Our resources are stretched and it’s a daily challenge to feed, clothe, educate and nurture 500+ Home children and providing services to another 4000+ children in the DBA’s outreach programs, therefore even a saving of few rupees is a matter of great significance for us.
3. The beds come with an in built storage cabinet which offers a space for storage for clothes, stationery and toiletries safe and intelligent storage system insures protection against pests, moths and dirt. This facility has also brought about changes in the day to day life of our children now they have storage and can keep their belongings neatly and keep things in order.
4. The importance of sleeping on the beds creates dignity in our children, compared to the streets a bed is only a dream for them. Your kindness has made their dream come true, now they have sound and comfortable sleep during the winters which would protect them from the cold. During summer it would protect them against the heat generated from the floor. A comfortable sleep keeps them fresh and attentive in class next day, good sleeping habits would result in better grades in school.
B. The new desks have the following advantages;
1. Each child is having his own desk, this has motivated them to spend more time on their individual studies.
2. The storage capacity enables them to store all their books and stationery materials.
3. Proper sitting posture prevents backaches and spondylosis.
4. Sufficient light acquired on the desk compared to floor, prevents eye problems and sight complications.
5. It builds dignity and equality among children not making them feel inferior to children from normal families.
C. All the beds and desks were made in the Carpentry section of DBA’s Vocational Training Centre under the guidance of the Carpentry Instructor. The process of making the beds and desks provided our trainees with valuable experience and helped sharpen their skills.